This meal is a weekly go-to for our family, using 2 items from Costco.
Pick up a package of Salmon Milano with Basil Butter – I try to find packs without the thin tail pieces so they’ll all cook at the rate. These are currently $10.99/lb in Charlottesville, VA
In the refrigerated section grab a bag of Earthbound Farm Organic Caesar Salad Kit – one of our favorite salad mixes and it tends to keep longer than some of the other bagged salads. Pro-tip, grab from the bottom boxes for the freshest bags… but always check the dates!
Ignore the instructions on the Salmon Milano Package
It’s good if you do bake it, but with a little more effort you can turn this into a fabulous meal for three! Just follow these easy steps:
- Move basil butter to a ramekin or ceramic bowl. I also move the larger pieces of dill to the butter dish to add a little flavor and prevent it from burning on the grill. You can heat the ramekin on the grill while the salmon cooks, or in the microwave later.
- Season Salmon to your liking. I often use the quick and easy Cedar Plank Salmon Seasoning mix from McCormick. Or, I’ll sprinkle salt, pepper, five spice, garam masala & red curry powder. Sometimes just salt & pepper – make it your own. Regardless of what you season it with I recommend spraying both sides with avocado oil before grilling.
- Bring a gas grill to medium-high heat and place the salmon on cleaned grates. You can also place the butter ramekin on the grill, to the side. Close grill and let it do it’s thing for 3 minutes.
4. Flip Salmon, stir butter, and reduce heat to medium. We’ll cook for another 3-5 minutes depending on grill temp and desired doneness.
5. Remove from grill and spoon melted basil butter over the salmon.
6. I like to let the salmon rest under foil while I mix up the salad kit.
7. Mix the salad, I use everything in the bag. Pro-tip: I also use the back of a spoon to break the croutons into smaller pieces while they’re still in the bag. Go easy here, the bag will break if you get too rough. Divide mixed salad evenly onto three plates.
8. Let’s uncover the salmon and take a moment to appreciate the beauty!
9. Gently place a piece of salmon on the side of each salad, and enjoy!
If you’re not the biggest fan of Caesar Salad, use the same technique and use any salad you’d like.